Friday, August 1, 2008

Carter and Dad's 3-D Shoot, Saturday 12, 2008












Top Left: Carter on 4X4 Muley
Top Right: Carter with Cobra



Carter and I headed out to a 3D Tournament shoot in Fremont Nebraska along the Platte River. It was beautiful weather, with a temperature high of 84F. This not only added to our temp comfort level, but also kept the pesky state bird away, Aedes albopictus (aka- Mosquito). As my foot touched the first stake and I peered down the trail to a bull elk 37yds away, it was 9:15AM. I softy heard “Dad there’s a deer right there. I’m gonna shoot that deer right there.” As I peaked over my shoulder, I learned Carter had spotted the real thing. A mere 20 yards away stood a few month old fawn- which by the way was huge. Needless to say, we had a blast as we trekked for hours through the rolling hills and winding creeks of NE shooting 40 3-D targets and seeing many real deer and turkeys along the way. The course was made up of several deer, rams, and elk. We had to keep our eyes affixed ahead as there were many dangerous animals we had to pick off before they got to us, Tyrannosaurus rex, an over sized poisonous frog, spitting cobra and lots of bears to mention a few. It was one of the best father-son outings I’ve had and one that will not be easily forgotten.

No comments: