Thursday, May 8, 2008

Mississippi 2007 8 point buck

I ended my 2007 season with this Mississippi 8 point. I never get tired of deer hunting and the peace and excitement it brings me. There aren't many things sweeter than capitalizing on a good deer on the homefront. And these deer aren't easy to harvest. I took this buck at the edge of a cutover and rye grass food plot at 8:30AM in the MS rut. After watching him for a minute or so and trying to get a good rest, I let the "Kiss of Death" speak its peace. The buck bolted and ran back into the cutover where he piled up not 25 yds away. I was very excited to have taken this deer and thank my brother, dad, brother-in-law and niece for helping with the recovery. It's always a family affair. When we returned my boy Carter could barely wait........ I think he is coming along just perfect!

No comments: